Last 2-3 years saw tremendous growth in Internet and Smartphone usage worldwide. Growing economies like India, China and Philippines became top internet and Smartphone users in Year 2012. As per a study done by Pingdom – a website performance monitoring company; Since 2007, the global Internet population has grown by 1.1 billion.
As per Pingdom.com the number of Internet users has changed per world region in the past 5 years:
- Africa has gone from 34 million to 140 million, a 317% increase.
- Asia has gone from 418 million to over 1 billion, a 143% increase.
- Europe has gone from 322 million to 501 million, a 56% increase.
- The Middle East has gone from 20 to 77 million, a 294% increase.
- North America has gone from 233 to 273 million, a 17% increase.
- Latin America (South & Central America) has gone from 110 to 236 million, a 114% increase.
- Oceania (including Australia) has gone from 19 to 24 million, a 27% increase.
Above stat was only Internet usage growth in last 5 years. A story of Smartphone users is nothing less then that. According to a recent study, Smartphone users reaching 106.7 million in 2012. That growth is whopping 18.1% increase since 2011.
A few more interesting mobile and Smartphone shopper/buyer forecasts for 2012:
- Mobile shoppers will reach 72.8 million
- Mobile buyers will reach 37.5 million
- Smartphone shoppers will reach 68.6 million
- Smartphone buyers will reach 36.4 million
Today, we are publishing another awesome Infographic done by guys at http://www.backgroundcheck.org. This Infographic shows trends of Internet and Mobile usage in the year 2012. As per the Infographic the Internet saw whooping 8% growth comparing to year 2011. As we mentioned above countries like India and Philippines added more and more increased users in 2011-2012.