If you have updated iOS version on your iDevice then you must have tried internet tethering feature: personal hotspot. Personal Hotspot is nothing but an internet sharing or internet tethering from your 3G enabled iDevices which are introduced since iPhone 3GS or later* and iPad (3rd generation)*.
When Personal Hotspot is enabled on iDevice it shows a blue double bar (see below screenshot from my iPhone 4) to let you know your personal hotspot is enabled.
This blue bar is bit annoying if you use browser or other full screen apps because it uses almost 10% of your screen. But nothing to worry since there are hundreds of Cydia tweaks that makes our life easier.
This article will show you how to hide personal hotspots’ blue bar on your iDevice. This tweak is about hiding blue personal hotspot bar is using a Cydia tweak called TetherStatus.
Step 1: JailBreak Your iDevice
Well, I don’t think this need to be mentioned here, because if you are planing to tweak your iDevice, you must be owning a jailbroken iDevice. So, go to step-2, But this is mandatory.
Step 2: Add BigBoss Repo in Cydia
- The above said Cydia tweak “TetherStatus” is only available in bigboss repo. BB repo is mostly included in Cydia by default, if not open Cydia and from first page tap on More Package Sources > and BigBoss Repo.
- If BigBoss Repo isn’t available there you can just add from Manage > Sources > Edit > Add and adding http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ in Enter Cydia/APT URL box (refer below image).
- Tap on Add Source, and the new package loads in to your Cydia.
Step 3: Install Cydia Tweak “TetherStatus”
- Once the package completly installs, tap on Search and type TetherStatus (without space). Now, you can see TetherStatus tweak is available in the Cydia, tap it and click on Install in next screen, you will be asked to confirm the installation. Tap on Confirm to go ahead (follow the screenshots below).
- Package Starts Reloading data when you click install.
- Now the new package will be installed and Cydia asks you to restart/ respiring springboard. You must tap on Restart Springboard inorder to the tweak take affect.
- After the springboard restarts the Personal Hotspot Bluebar is no more visible instead a small icon on statusbar is active.
Note: there is no settings available for you to configure. In real the TetherStatus is blue, since I’m using black theme, it is black in my screenshot.
That’s it. This is how you can Hide Blue Personal Hotspot Bar In iPhone 3G/4/4S, iPod and iPad using a Cydia tweak.