Facebook’s latest updates to WordPress plug-in have bought easy integration and all-in-one option for bloggers. The latest Facebook WordPress plug-in added easy to set up options for Facebook Like button, Social Publisher, Subscribe Button, Send Button, Facebook comments for WordPress and Recommendations Bar all in a single click.
You may have noticed a recommendation bar (box) right or left bottom of the WordPress blogs over the internet since last few days. If you haven’t noticed it, have a look at RIGHT-bottom of this blog post, thats called Facebook Recommendations Bar.
Today, I’m going to write about how to integrate Facebook Recommendation Bar To WordPress Blog using Facebook plug-in for WordPress. This awesome plugin helps you to get more likes, recommendations to your blog post as well as boosts social media traffic. Let’s see how to get it.
Step 1 – Create a Facebook Application
- To start with, you must create an app using Facebook Apps. To create a Facebook app click here.
- Once you login to Facebook apps developers page, click on +create new app buttonon top right of the page.
- Now, the Create New App wizard starts, in the field “App Name”, give a name to your app. Hover on “?” for more information about the name as per Facebook T&C (refer below image).
- Once done, click on Continue button. (No need to check box “Yes, I would like free web hosting provided by Heroku“).
- Validate the CAPTCHA by entering the requested CAPTCHA code and click on Submit.
- Now, your app is ready with App ID and App Secret codes.
- In this step you must tell Facebook app that how you are going to integrates with Facebook, from the bottom of the App page- select Website with Facebook LoginandMobile Web and fill your WordPress blog’s url and click on Save(refer below image).
- Copy the App ID and App Secret in to a notepad and close Facebook developers page. Now you’ve done with Facebook part, head on to your WordPress blog’s admin page and follow the below steps.
Installing Facebook plug-in for WordPress
- From your WordPress install Plugins page search for Plugin “Facebook” and install and activate it.
- Once activated you will see Facebook tab on the right sidebar menu, click it to enter Facebook Plugin settings page.
- In the settings page you will need to update the “App ID“, “App Secret” and “App namespace” which you copied from Facebook developers page (refer below image).
- Click on Save. Now you will see these options are enabled: Facebook Like button, Social Publisher, Subscribe Button, Send Button, Facebook comments for WordPress and Recommendations Bar.
- Scroll down till you see Recommendations Bar, click on check box to activate it.
- I don’t recommend to change the values of recommendations Bar options, leave it as it is and click on Save Changes (refer below image).
- That’s it, you’re done. Veryfy by visiting any of your blog post to see everything’s working fine.