Since Google has changed its algorithm on web page loading speed, this became one of the factors deciding search engine rankings and most of WordPress blogger trying different ways to speed up their blogs. Google’s new algorithm already affected large number of sites worldwide. I recommend you to start using new way to Speed-Up WordPress Blog using MaxCDN content delivery network service.
My recent attempt to make my blog run faster using MaxCDN was an entirely new experience for me. I recently moved to Site5 one of the best hosting for your WordPress blog. However, my blog runs faster than ever after moving to Site5 but still I wanted to use CDN service and bought a package of 1 terabyte.
In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to configure and setup your WordPress blog to use MaxCDN service.
How to Setup MaxCDN in WordPress Blog Using W3TC Plugin
Step 1: Get a MaxCDN Content Delivery Network Package
First you might need to have MaxCDN account to continue. MaxCDN offers cheaper and dependable service for just US $39.95; you will get whopping 1Terabyte of bandwidth. Visit MaxCDN website and sign-up for the package as per your requirement. Once registration and payment is done verify your account.
Step 2: Log-in To Your MaxCDN account
Now you can log-in to your MaxCDN account using this (https://login.maxcdn.com/user/
Step 3: Setup A New Pull Zone
Once you log-in to your MaxCDN account you will see a dashboard with statistics, your present Zones (if any) and Stats of your account. Since you are new to MaxCDN you will not see any information over there. Now you have to create a new pull-zone to start using MaxCDN content delivery network.
Why PullZone? -
lets see how to create a PullZone in MaxCDN. From your MaxCDN account click on Manage Zones menu item from the main menu. You will see a new page similar to below image. Now click on the Create Pull Zone button under the Pull Zone tab.
Step 4: Enter New Pull Zone Information
In this step you must fill the create new pull-zone form with exact information as I showed in below image:
Once you provide all the required information in the form click on Create button. MaxCDN System Starts creating new PullZone for you. As per MaxCDN it might take up to 3 minutes depend on the server load. Once new PullZone created you will see a confirmation message as displayed in below image.
Step 5: Creating CName Records
Before going to next step I recommend you to create a CNAME record in your domain name to server as a Custom CDN Domain. This is very easy to setup. If you don’t know you can ask your hosting company support to help you. Recommended CNAME: cdn.yourdomain.com.
Step 6: Managing Newly Created Pull Zone
- Now, click on manage button next to newly created PullZone. A new page opens with PullZone properties. Check weather all displayed information is correct or not. You can change the displayed info by clicking on Edit button.
- Click on Settings from the tab and check whether you have valid IP address next to Origin IP. You can click on Test IP button to test the IP .
- Check CNAME to records under Custom Domains and verify.
Step 7: Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin For MaxCDN
- From your WordPress Blog admin panel, go to Performance tab and click on CDN (ex: http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=w3tc_cdn).
- From the “Content Delivery Network” Section.
- Tick the “Enable” Checkbox next to “CDN”.
- Select “MaxCDN / NetDNA” from the “CDN Type” drop down.
- Click on “Save Changes” button.
Once you click on Save Changes button you will get a warning message “Replace site’s hostname with”, you can Ignore this message.
- Now Go to CDN Page from your WordPress admin panel’s W3Tc plugin section. from the General section select all except Import external media library attachments.
- Scroll down till you see Configurationsection.
- Add API Id: ( you can get one from here: https://login.maxcdn.com/account/api)
- Add API Key: Add API key you found above.
- Select SSL support Type: You can use Auto – which uses Auto SSL support, Always use SSL or Disable SSL support. I suggest you to use Auto SSL support.
- Replace site’s hostname with: Replace your created hostname (CNAME).
Once all done click on Test NetDNA button. If everything is good you will see Test passed confirmation,
That’s it!. You are now done with Setup and Use MaxCDN As CDN For Your WordPress Blog, now MaxCDN will host all static files and images in their servers and distribute when required. This will speed up your page loading and you will for sure get good PageRank and search engine ranking.
Thanks for reading my tutorial How To Setup and Use MaxCDN As CDN For Your WordPress Blog.