Internet is the storehouse of entertaining stuffs and information. Isn’t this a true fact? No matter what your topic is, just type in the search engine and you will get pages of info in that.
However, this same internet is a dangerous realm as well. You can be robbed while browsing through the web world. Your inbox is often drowned with false lottery mails, mails offers work-at-home opportunities, fake recruitment mails, different schemes and so on.
What are all these? Any professional PC repair service providers will tell you that they are nothing but scams. It is necessary to take proper steps to safeguard yourself and your kids from these Internet scams.
In a way, these scams are the gateways of various viruses. Smartly use the Internet and save yourself from identity theft and fraudulent schemes!
Smartly Surf the Web World
There is always a right way of using everything. Suppose you use a knife in an incorrect manner, you always have the possibility of hurting yourself.
While using in the proper way will complete your task in real time. The same is true of the Internet also. Hackers and scammers are always there round the corner to damage your Internet surfing and pose you threat.
Want to prevent the scams? Use the internet intelligibly. But how?
- Firstly, while checking the mails, if you find one mail that appears like scam and your instincts also says so, then let your instinct guide you. Delete such mails at once from your inbox instead of downloading it. Simply delete it without clicking on any links of such a mail.
- You might be using the cyber cafes for surfing the Internet when you are in fuss with your own PC. Well, in public computers, you should not undertake any sensitive transaction like transacting with credit card details, bank information or changing the login info and password.
- You are also advised not to send your private information like bank account, social security number or email account to your friend or family members via emails. If you account gets hacked, these information get into wrong hands.
- Enabling the “auto login”3 feature is no doubt helpful for you but that can turn out to be a menace, if a third person uses your PC. Hence, always disable such feature before handing the system to someone else.
- Online business is a recent trend amongst the PC users. Its good, but you should have proper knowledge about the person you are dealing with. Making financial transactions on the basis of online tips and chats is a very unwise act.
- Also Read: Online Business Security Tips
- You should have the screenshot or printout of any online transaction, especially when it is dealing with finance. After the transaction you must check your bank statement to ensure that your transaction is not reflected.
- The best thing is to install some Internet security tool together with virus removal program. Set scam filters in the email account. Keep such programs updated so that you have total security.
Internet scams can be prevented with proper computer services. Computer network support company with plans and pricing suiting the market price can be of great help.