Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a combination of Art, Intelligence and Marketing Techniques. While many people consider SEO to be complicated but SEO is just an extension of traditional marketing.
Prior to starting SEO, it has to be ensured that the website is “Search Engine Friendly”, by making each page compliant with search engine standards and ready to be indexed correctly. Keeping an eye on the appended points can serve the purpose better –
- Page Title: Brief, Relevant & Crisp HTML Title.
- Metatags: Use the description and keywords metatags in the head of each web page.
- Heading Tags: Search engines are prone to emphasis on text within heading tags, so make sure they use keywords.
- Page Text: Keywords & Common phrases should be search oriented & spread into the content carefully.
Take care of the basics and you are left with Link Building. High page rank is purely dependent on quality backlinks, because SEO ranking of the site is diligently interconnected to who links you, which plays an instrumental role to increase your page ranks.
Link is a bridge between two pages, containing related, relevant & detailed content, which may add information to your knowledge or can provide a broader insight or detailed examples for better understanding. Basically there are three types of links, such as –
- Internal Links: Connection between two pages of same site. Showcase your expertise in your niche and add value to your domain.
- Outbound Links: Connection between two pages, which redirect the visitor from your domain to some other domain with relevant content. Quality outbound link adds credibility to your website.
- Inbound Links: Incoming links are the connection which brings visitors to your website. These are very important and it only increases your visitors.
Appended are a few strategies to fulfilling the requirements –
- Yahoo!, Business.com and Dmoz.org are major online search engine directories, having your link into them automatically increases your site value.
- Showcase your expertise website postings, Submit & Publish articles in specified free directories. This is will help you get quality backlinks. Resources like WordPress, Ezinearticles assistss with valuable backlinks to your site.
- Exchanging blog reviews, guest blogging & long blog comments are useful to grab attention of the viewers. While it enables rapid blogs search in your niche that targets the right audience and also enables you to exchange links with your fellow bloggers which is contributed quality link to you and boosts your traffic. Contributing to Wikis, eHow is another great idea to mention your blog as a source for relevant content.
- Creating e-books and short reports are also pretty helpful as they can be publicized free on the Internet through your website or other avenues. High quality e-book attracts visitors & expands the opportunity of being passed on further. To achieve that objective, embed links within the text pages of the e-book or report adds to user friendliness also.
- According to the trends good videos move around rapidly over the web. Website owners often seen to be keen on embedding a readymade video in their own site to add content and improve the overall design and look and it obviously gets added to backlinks.
- An active membership of a forum fetches ample opportunity to get yourself noticed easily. Adding your link in signature can drive more target audience in your niche.
- Press release is a good mean of publicity. The more people notice you brings in more endorsement as well
For manual link building, The Search Labs is a global leader specializing in the process of link building naturally.