One of the worst nightmare of any blogger is getting his blog hacked. My blog was recently hacked by some hacker using SQL injection technique and placed a lot of spam links on header and footer.
When your blog is hacked, first thing you must do is not be panicked, as you are not alone in this world to get hacked. There are hundreds of thousands of WordPress sites hacked every day.
Also, It’s not a fun to get your blog hacked, because the later on task is hard and you need to be very careful. I have a firsthand experience as my blog was hacked few weeks ago and I managed to get it cleaned within few hours and bought my blog back on track.
Fixing the hacked WordPress blog is an extreme hard task; you need to be very careful in each and every step you take. To avoid getting hacked there are few security tips and WordPress Plugins might help.
There are some mandatory security Plugins you can use to avoid such malicious attacks, in this post I would like to show the some of those lifesaving Plugins you can install to protect your WordPress blog.
First part of this post is here: Best WordPress Security Plugins To Protect Your Blog Round The Clock
6 – WordPress File Monitor Plus
WordPress file monitor plus plug-in monitors your WordPress installations and files in background. This plug-in has ability to send notification emails to the administrator.
Some features of this plug-in are listed below:
- Monitors all your files and folders inside particular directory and sends alert emails to specified email address when any changes detected.
- Also this plug-in shows alert in administration area that the changes have been made. This is wonderful feature in case you haven’t received any email alert or missed.
- By default only admins’ can see the admin area alert, if you want any registered users to know about the alert you can do it by adding following code to your wp-config.php file:
and change the capability to a level you want.
- You can exclude files and directories from scan, in case you use cache plugins.
Download [WordPress File Monitor Plus]
7 – Antivirus For WordPress
You must have antivirus for your computer and it’s time to get antivirus for your WordPress blog, because like your computer your WordPress blog also prone to viruses, malware and other type of intrusions. Antivirus for WordPress plug-in acts as antivirus for your blog and monitors malicious injections and sends an alert to admin.
This plug-in can be used to block any malicious content, spam, virus, malware, worms and links.
Some of the best feature comes with this plug-in are:
- Virus alert in the admin bar
- Cleaning up after plugin removal
- Translations into many languages
- Daily scan with email notifications
- Database tables and theme templates checks
- WordPress 3.x ready: both visually and technically
- Whitelist solution: Mark suspected cases as “no virus”
- Manual check of template files with alerts on suspected cases
Download [WordPress Antivirus Plugin]
8 – WP-reCAPTCHA Plugin
WP-reCAPTCHA plug-in is a captcha plug-in which integrates reCAPTCHA anti-spam box to your WordPress installation including comment form, registration page and login page.
Download [WP-reCAPTCHA Plugin]
9 – CryptX Spam Fighter WordPress Plugin
10 – Blackhole WordPress Plugin
Blackhole WordPress plug-in is to block bad bots. In five easy steps, you can set up your own Blackhole to trap bad bots and protect your site from evil scripts, bandwidth thieves, content scrapers, spammers, and other malicious behavior.
Download [Blackhole WordPress]